Thursday, March 14, 2013

New Shoes

 My beloved Asics are at about 300 miles +/-,  and were looking and feeling their age. I bought the Asics Tri Noosas last spring. I bought them because they were beautiful! I am a neon kinda girl, and as soon as I saw them on Pinterest, I knew I had to have them! I didn't get fitted for them first. I didn't do much research on the type of shoe I needed for my foot and gait. I somehow lucked out that, as it turns out, is the type of shoe that works for my foot. I just loved them because they were pretty. And the whole year I ran in them, I didn't have any injuries. Before, I had just gone to the New Balance outlet tent sale and bought whatever was under $30. But now I was serious about running, and I don't want to be sidelined with an injury.
So,when I decided to get knew shoes, I figured i'd go to the experts. The nice people at Maine Running Company fitted me to new shoes and said that what I had been running in were the right type for me. PHEW! This time I went with Mizuno Elixirs. Also neon pink and pretty!
 I have done 2 runs in them, and so far so good!
The weather has been great for running the last couple of days! I hope it keeps up like this! There is a possible forcast for a snow storm next week...ugh.....if one model is right we could get up to 17"?!?! really?!?! that will put me a back a week again. pleh. I hate snow. 
 OH OH OH....and tomorrow is the registration for the Beach to Beacon 10k that I am hoping to get into! I hope it doesn't fill up too fast and that I can wake up early enough to get on as soon as reg opens up. wish me luck ;) I'm not doing many race this year. I need to save up all my money for Princess Half. So the ones I am doing are to #1~keep me moving with a closer goal. #2~ to use as a corral placement time for Princess. This will be my longest race over 4 miles. I have a goal to do it in under an hour. Well, that is my goal right now. If my training keeps up, maybe I can up that goal a bit :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment